Saturday, August 15, 2015

New York Part 2

 From the top of the Met

 Had to pose like Serena and Blair on Gossip Girl
 Hercules
 Van Gogh
 Egyptian art is beautiful

 New York made me fall in love with yellow
 Central Park

 Rode the subway for the first time
 The highline

 Evie is the cutest girl ever


 Zonked
 Times Square lights
 Grand Central Station is the prettiest train station ever

We look homeless after a long day of walking

After the first long day of touring New York we went for a second round. We started out at the Met. I could've stayed in there forever. The art was so, so, so beautiful. I wish we could've had a full day to just look at all the exhibits. We went over to Central Park, across the street from the Met. It is so big. I had to wrap my head around to immensity of everything in New York coming from small Preston. We rowed in the row boats in Central Park. Then walked around some more and listened to a violinist-Abby was hooked on watching that. After Central Park we walked to the High Line. It was so amazing to see the old railway turned into a park. It was much more fun to walk on that then down on the New York streets. We walked across the High Line to see Times Square. It was amazing but overwhelming. The only other time I've seen that many people on a street is in Vietnam. It was so packed and claustrophobic. We had McDonald's for dinner there. Once we had regained strength we walked to our final destination: Grand Central Station. It was so beautiful. I couldn't believe how pretty it was for a train station. After the long day we all crashed once we got home. My feet had blisters the next day, but it was all worth it. I think we set the record for seeing most New York sites in two days. I really want to live in New York now. I'm in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment